Sai Mahabhakta G.K.Rege was a retired Tahsildar and resided at Indore, Madhya Pradesh. Hee narrated in his own words the experiences he had with Shri Sai Baba to Late Shri.B.V.Narasimha Swamji as below:

I was suffering from Sciatica pain in the year 1912. Because of this pain coupled with high fever, I could not get adequate sleep or rest. Hence, I went to my father-in-law Narayan Rao Parulkar at Giggaon, a village near Harda. He was an ardent devotee of Sai Baba. He applied the Udhi given by Sai Baba on my forehead. On the same day, around 2 pm in the afternoon when I was resting on a cot, I saw a Sanyasi wearing Saffron Cloth. He appeared before me, tapped me on my shoulders and said: "Child, do not be afraid. You will be cured of the disease within 3 days". Immediately I shouted out to my father-in-law that a Sanyasi was standing before me and telling as above. Before my father-in-law could arrive the Sanyasi had disappeared. My father-in-law was very sure that the visitor was none other than Sai Baba. As told by the Sanyasi, exactly on the third day to my surprise, my pain disappeared and I felt I was totally all right. Within a week I completely recovered from the ailment. Then my father-in-law asked me to go to Shirdi for Sai Baba's darshan.

But I could not go to Shirdi for 2 years. In the year 1914, I took leave for performing my third daughter's marraige at Mandla. We sent a marriage invitation to Sai Baba and he replied saying: "I will come in person and attend the marraige". As the marriage ceremony was in progress, the postman brought a letter from Sai Baba with Udhi in it and a chit containing instructions that the Udhi should be applied to the married couple. On the same day, a fakir came and asked my father-in-law for one pice. But, my father-in-law neglected the fakir and missed the opportunity. But he later repented and told me that the fakir who had come might be Sai Baba. Then I told him that if it was Sai Baba Himself, then He should appear again. Very next day, another fakir came to me and asked for one pice only I happily gave it. The fakir accepted the dakshina given by me and declined the dinner offered to him by my father-in-law.

After the marraige was over, I went to Shirdi and stayed there for 4 days. Baba, as soon as He saw me, remarked: "why so much delay?". I replied that I was a poor clerk and could not come easily due to financial constraints. He asked me dakshina. I gave Him five rupees. But, He insisted that I give him five more rupees. I did not know why Baba was asking five more rupees but I gave Him the extra dakshina that He asked from me. Then Baba told me that nothing is due to Him from me. I came to know the reason why Baba demanded five rupees extra only after my return to Kathegaon. My wife told me that she had sent Rs.5 by way of money order to Sai Baba a year ago and that the money order had come back with an endorsement saying that the dakshina would be received in person. That is the reason why Baba asked and took Rs.5 more from me.

Once my youngest daughter Prema Bai aged 4 years was suffering from high fever and became serious. She had become very thin like a skeleton. All kinds of Medicines and treatment were of no avail. Hence, my wife who was very much devoted to Sai BAba prayed to Him to help the child. She heard Sai Baba's voice at the prayer in fully awake state saying that He will take away all the trouble on the third day. To the utter surprize of all of us, the girld died on the 3rd day on her mother's lap. She sent word through a messenger and asked me to rush back home from my office at Manasa. I rushed back home immediately and found that my daughter was dead. My wife was wailing in grief. I took the child on my lap, poured a bit of Ganga Jal along with Baba's Udhi through her mouth. The water did not flow out as expected. Hence, I gave some more. Then suddenly the child opened her eyes and came back to life. After that I gave Udhi and teertha again. Within one month she fully recovered from the ailment. She is hale and healthy and a matron in Indore LRT Boarding School.

In the year 1924, I was anxious about the marraige of my 4th daughter Minabai. I was not able to find a suitable groom to her. I was already on leave. I took my wife to her brother's home at Anjangaon. On the second day of our stay at Anjangaon, I heard a voice saying: "Go to Jirapur". I returned to Indore and found my son had received an order to go to Jirapur. But, his wife being in 9th month of her pregnancy, he could not go. So his superior officers cancelled the transfer order. After my leave got expired, I learnt that I was posted to Kathegaon in Nemawar District. However, when the draft went to the Revenue Minister for approval, without any request from me he cancelled that order and wrote "Posted to Jirapur". Hence, I went to Jirapur. Within 15 days of my taking charge in Jirapur, I went on a tour and halted at a place near Sayath where my brother was working with the Gwalior State. When I visited him, I saw a person by name Balwant who was strong, stout and handsome next to my brother. I enquired about him and found him a good match for my 4th daughter Minabai. Thus, as per the guidance given by Sai Baba, the marriage got settled and I completed the same in due course of time.

I lost my wife in the year 1926. Later my health started deteriorating. I had Sai Baba's photograph before me. One day a voice seemed to come from the photograph saying: "Do not serve any more". I heard the same instructions on 3 successive days. I could not see any person who spoke. Then my doctor friend Dr.Parnerkar told me that the voice must be of Sai Baba. Hence, as per the instructions received from Baba, I retired from service in the year 1926 itself and started getting monthly pension.

(Source: Devotees' Experiences of Sri Sai Baba Part I, II and III by Sri.B.V.Narasimha Swamiji)